Approved at general meeting on 9 May 2018
1. The Database of Estonian Articles Index Scriptorum Estoniae (hereinafter database) has been established and is maintained by non-profit association Estonian Libraries Network Consortium (hereinafter ELNET).
2. The database is an electronically stored dataset of records of publications bibliographed in ELNET member libraries and partner libraries (hereinafter member libraries). The aim of the database is to assemble the bibliographic data and authority data into a uniform organised dataset and to provide public access to that dataset.
3. The database is public and provides free access. The data of the database is freely accessible in public network and usable under Creative Commonsi licence CC0 – No Rights Reserved.
4. The official name of the dataset is „Eesti artiklite andmebaas Index Scriptorum Estoniae““, its official abbreviation is „Eesti artiklite andmebaas ISE“. In unofficial situations and documents the use of the names „Artiklite andmebaas ISE“ or „ISE“ are also allowed. The English-language name of the database is „Database of Estonian Articles Index Scriptorum Estoniae“, the use of the shorter version „Database of Estonian Articles ISE“ is also allowed. The name of any thematic database (see clause 10) in the database shall be determined by the corresponding library.Raamatukogu teemabaasi (vt punkt 10) nime andmebaasis määrab vastav raamatukogu.
5. The visual identity of the online catalogue is defined by its logo, wordmark, brand colours and typography (see Annex 1). The thematic databases of libraries have separate names and visual identity which are laid down by the library responsible for the corresponding thematic database (see Annex 1).
COMPILING THE DATABASE
6. The database is compiled by using the integrated library system Millennium (Local Reference Database module) (hereinafter software) by the software company Innovative Interfaces Inc. For using the software, separate agreements shall be concluded with ELNET members and partners.
7. The database compilation is coordinated by the database ISE administrator in cooperation with the database ISE working group.
8. Basis for creating records.
8.1. The database is compiled according to the Procedure for using shared records as set out in Annex 2 and the Principles for bibliographing.
8.2. Records are created on the basis of International Standard Bibliographic Description, Anglo-American Cataloguing Rules2, MARC21 Format for Bibliographic Data, Universal Decimal Classification, Estonian Subject Thesaurus, guidelines and other agreements by ELNET working groups.
9. The database records are divided into ISE thematic databases according to their contents determined under UDC. Each record may simultaneously belong to several thematic databases. ISE contains the following thematic databases:
- ISE education
- ISE humanities
- ISE language and literature
- ISE art, music, theatre, film
- ISE social sciences
- ISE engineering, industry, construction, IT
- ISE sports, tourism, leisure time
- ISE medicine and health care
- ISE rural economy and environment
- ISE natural sciences, exact sciences
10. Member libraries are entitled to create in the same environment their own thematic databases that describe, in addition to articles, other types of publications (including monographs). Article records from the thematic databases of libraries are added to ISE thematic databases and shared search in article records, the records of monographs and undergraduate theses shall not be added to the shared search.
RIGHTS AND OBLIGATIONS IN MANAGING THE DATABASE
11. ELNET is obliged to:
– install, maintain, develop, safeguard and, upon necessity, update the central hardware and software required for managing the database;
– regularly make backup copies of the data in the database;
– employ the administrator of the database;
– ensure the availability of guidelines necessary for the work of member libraries;
– prepare and make available the user guides of the database.
12. Member libraries are obliged to:
– enter data in the database subject to the requirements of clause 8 of these statutes;
– give permission to only authorised employees to enter, amend and delete data in and from the database;
– suspend the permission of the employee for access to the database upon the expiry of their authorisation;
– ensure the safety of the database within their powers;
– appoint their representative(s) to ISE working group of ELNET;
– follow the guidelines and agreements by ELNET working groups.
FINANCING OF DATABASE
13. License and maintenance costs of the central software and hardware necessary for the management of the database shall be covered primarily from the income received from the state budget and from the budgets of the member libraries.
14. Costs related to creating and developing the thematic databases of libraries shall be covered by the responsible member library.
15. ELNET shall keep accounts of the management costs of the database pursuant to the procedure prescribed in the Accounting Act and shall report on it to its members and partners and, in the extent of the targeted financing, to the Ministry of Education and Research.